Year of Call: 2014
Kaplan Law School, Bar Professional Training Course
The University of Law (Chester), Graduate Diploma in Law
University of St Andrews, MA (Hons) English Literature
Charlotte is building a practice in all areas of family law. She joined chambers after successful completion of her pupillage under the supervision of Harry Gates, Dorothea Gartland and Hassan Khan. She has gained experience in complex public, private and international children cases, financial matters (including jurisdictional disputes) and proceedings in the Court of Protection.
Prior to embarking on her career at the Bar, Charlotte co-founded Not in my Classroom, an initiative designed to raise awareness of forced marriage in schools. She has delivered workshops for Teach First and has spoken at several conferences on forced marriage, the law and education. In October 2016, she organised the inaugural National Schools’ Conference on Combatting “Honour” Based Violence alongside IKWRO and Youth for Change.
In 2014, Charlotte was awarded a Lincoln’s Inn scholarship to undertake a six-month internship at the International Criminal Court in The Hague where she worked in the Trial Division (Chambers) assisting the judges on a number of cases, including: The Prosecutor v. President Kenyatta, Ruto & Sang, Jean-Pierre Bemba Gombo, and Gbagbo & Blé Goudé. Whilst at the ICC, she was the runner-up in the International Children’s Rights Moot organised by UNICEF and Leiden University.
In her spare time, Charlotte enjoys theatre, sampling coffee and exploring London.
- 2016: Hubert Greenland Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- 2014: Winner, The Law Reform Essay Competition, The Bar Council: ‘Womb for Improvement: Enforcing Surrogacy Agreements in England and Wales’
- 2014: Finalist (Runner-Up), International Children’s Rights Moot, UNICEF & Leiden University
- 2014: Family Law Prize, Kaplan Law School
- 2014: Lincoln’s Inn Scholarship to the International Criminal Court, The Hague
- 2013: Lord Denning Scholarship and Hardwicke Entrance Award, Lincoln’s Inn
Family Law Bar Association
Association of Lawyers for Children