4PB has a distinguished history as a leading set of specialist family law barristers providing practical, expert legal advice, and including effective and assured advocacy, in all practice areas of family law. Our size, practice range, reputation and expertise are unrivalled and mark us out as unique amongst our competitors.
- A historic London chambers housing 73 expert family barristers
- Steeped in Inns of Court legal tradition with cutting-edge knowledge and technology
- Recommended as leaders in our field by the main legal directories, Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500
We offer advice, representation and dispute resolution services in all areas of family law:
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Finances and property on divorce or civil partnership dissolution
- Children’s arrangements after parents separate
- Children proceedings involving a Local Authority
- Child abduction and wrongful retention
- International family law
- Cohabitants’ claims (trusts of land cases)
- Financial arrangements for children
- Domestic abuse
- Assisted conception and reproduction
What people say about 4PB:
Chambers & Partners 2015
4 Paper Buildings is a renowned set of chambers dealing with the most complex children law proceedings. Both private and public law matters are accounted for, and members are expert in everything from paternity disputes to international abduction, parental authority, and serious injury to children cases.
Members of the public, local authorities and solicitors all beat a path to its door in order to avail themselves of the superior representation on offer here.
The set also has four experienced silks and a number of juniors who handle financial work. They have been involved in leading recent cases, including Young v Young.
Client service: Led by Michael Reeves, “the clerks are immensely helpful. They are realistic and honest and always try to do what they can.”
The Legal 500 – 2014
4 Paper Buildings is ‘one of the best family law sets’, and one of the few chambers in London that has real strength in depth in children law as well as family finance work. It is also adept at handling cases with an international dimension, and Court of Protection work, meaning ‘there is a good barrister available for all types of family disputes’.
The ‘polite and efficient’ clerks’ room ‘always provides good service’. Senior clerk Michael Reeves and first junior Paul Hennessy are often singled out.
4 Paper Buildings is ‘the leading children law set’ providing a ‘first-rate service’ and ‘an exceptional group of experienced, thoughtful and intelligent barristers’.
It has expertise in domestic and international children disputes, as well as public and private law. In 2013, members represented parties involved in three major children law decisions in the Supreme Court, including the first appeal to the Supreme Court in a Hague Convention case.
4 Paper Buildings won The Legal 500 Family Law Set of the Year in 2014