4PB Private Client Conference: Contemporary Issues in International and Domestic Family Law
23rd June 2016
Leading experts in family justice will explore and promote discussion on current practical thinking in family law.
On the day the country votes on its role in Europe, 4PB invite you to a different type of family law conference:
We will follow an international family’s journey from separation to final order exploring the international and domestic forensic hurdles facing the family along the way.
We hope you will join us at stunning Glaziers Hall for a day of immersion in contemporary private client issues presented by a team of leading counsel, experts and actors delivering content by presentations, role-plays and panel discussion.
We will look current issues concerning:
- LSPO’s and costs funding applications for adults and children;
- Divorce forum issues and jurisdiction over children;
- The habitual residence see-saw and the child’s state of mind;
- Addiction and abuse – the science of testing, psychiatric issues and outcomes;
- Relocation: the holistic evaluation and children giving evidence;
- International finance, Part III MFPA applications and the EU Maintenance Regulation
- Enforcement of orders and costs; financial remedies, children and third party orders.
We are delighted that Lady Justice Eleanor King has agreed to close the conference.
9 Montague Close
The event will carry 5 Accredited CPD hours and is free to attend.
9.30am: Registration and Coffee
10.10am:Legal Services Payment Order and costs funding applications for adults and children.
10.35am: Divorce forum issues
11.20am: Jurisdiction over children; The habitual residence see-saw and the child’s state of mind;
12.00pm: Addiction and abuse – the science of testing, psychiatric issues and outcomes.
2.00pm: Break out groups
-Relocation: the holistic evaluation and children giving evidence.
-International finance issues: Part III MFPA applications and the EU Maintenance Regulation
3.40pm: Reciprocal Enforcement of orders and protective measures
4.15pm: Costs; financial remedies, children and third party orders.
4.45pm: Plenary and Close of Conference – Lady Justice Eleanor King
5.15pm: Drinks reception
Please note we no longer provide a hard copy of the conference notes, instead these are provided electronically on a USB card. If you would like to download a copy of the notes to bring with you, you can click here.