Children Public Law Update (Dec 2016)
7th December 2016
John Tughan QC reviews recent important judgments in the field of public children law.
In this update John considers recent cases in the public law field which relate to:
- the court refusing to list and hear an application for an interim care order following the refusal to make an emergency protection order
- another case in the growing line of authority which deals with the issue of whether a child should be removed from an adoptive placement in order to be placed with natural extended family
- the separate representation of a child
- finding that a party was a perpetrator without exploring that issue in evidence
- whether findings of the court against witnesses are appealable
- the provision of services to children in need by local authorities.
To read the full article click here