Children: Public Law Update (March 2015)
3rd March 2015
John Tughan QC reviews recent judgments of particular importance to all practitioners in public children law.
In this update he considers:
- Some further decisions relating to the B-S line of authority
- a decision on the admission of fresh (medical) evidence on appeal
- the absence of legal aid
- guidance by the President on how not to conduct care proceedings
- the award of damages against a local authority
- the use of inherent jurisdiction injunctions to prevent child sexual exploitation.
To read the full article click here